Where none of the existing Programmes, or Workshop packages are appropriate for a client’s requirements, ADAD is happy to be commissioned to produce new works.
New Commissions offer a client agency the opportunity to create an input/intervention that exactly matches their requirements.This may be to address issues already covered by ADAD but in a different way or from a different perspective, ie. addressing perceived needs of a client group, or to generate new work addressing issues that do not already fall within our portfolio of services.
In undertaking a new commission, we would consult extensively with the client agency, and other relevant bodies/professionals to establish an exact working brief. We would then formulate a series of clear education/learning outcomes, an outline proposal and cost estimate that we would submit for formal agreement from the commissioning client.
In line with other development processes, ADAD would then work with a team of actor/facilitators to create new work that best serves the working brief. In doing so, we would seek to achieve the desired educational / training / learning outcomes, as well as taking account of the known needs/abilities of the proposed end recipients and the prevailing financial and time factors.
New work can be commissioned for use within Training environments, within Education, as well as at Conference events.
Examples of previous commissions
- ADAD worked with a police service to produce a performance piece to highlight the real-life experiences of crack-using prostitutes in a notorious local area. This was used to stimulate dialogue amongst leading representatives from health, housing, law enforcement, criminal justice, civic authorities, etc., in relation to addressing the issues of drugs use and prostitution in the town. ‘Chasing The Rocks’ was the culmination of extensive research and consultation with both the police and local working girls.
- ADAD was commissioned to develop a performance piece for use at the Surrey Launch of Crime Stoppers.
- ADAD was commissioned to produce a piece to highlight issues leading to and surrounding homelessness for a Sussex-based Housing Association.
- ADAD was commissioned to produce work looking at issues of personal safety and ‘bogus callers’ for the Over 60’s, working with the police in Kensington & Chelsea, and Sixty Plus .
- ADAD was commissioned to produce a performance piece for use with youth delegates at Conference events organised by a youth charity. These events were to promote a greater understanding between youths and other sectors of the community.
- ADAD was commissioned to provide a performance piece on racism & diversity for a National Crime Concern youth Conference.
Indeed, many of ADAD’s existing Programmes have resulted from an initial approach from agencies or multi-agency partnerships seeking to initiate a new response to issues of concern to them.